Monday, June 25, 2012

Vibram Five Fingers in Riyadh

Ohhhhhh......the comfort, the snuggly feeling of the gloved feet.  To walk in them is divine.

http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/products/Five-Fingers-JayaLR-Womens.htm

When I was in Blacksburg, they illicited questions, remarks, comments, gasps even.  Conversation starters, I'd say.  I accepted them and engaged in advertising the product without intending to.  They are quite comfortable shoes, I'd buy a few more pairs.  I'd walk on and find more people gasping and asking if they are comfortable.  They are, indeed.  Children would freak out and wonder why my feet look like that.  I loved it even though every comment or question would take me off guard.  They are just that comfortable that I forget I'm wearing them, they are invisible to the touch, I'd say.

Coming to Riyadh, boy, nobody says a word.  As far as I can tell.  But I do get the looks.  Men and women, alike.  But more from the women.  Yes, even through the niqab, I can see their looks.  The crease between the eyes, the crease of the forehead, the wide-eyed.  The head following my shoes.

"She's not wearing shoes!  What?!?!?  Those are shoes!  What a freak!  She must be American.  Those are some ugly shoes!"  That's what I think they say to themselves or remark to their shopping buddy.

I love it!  I love to see the shock!  Yes, my shoes are ugly but oh so comfortable.  You should try them I say!  Has Vibram Five Fingers hit Riyadh shoe stores?  Not from what I've seen.  But they have hit Riyadh!  

No comments:

Post a Comment